Can I rent a boat in Amsterdam during covid-19? That’s a question many tourists are wondering at the moment. Boating through the canals of Amsterdam is not only a fun but also a safe activity during these turbulent times. Read the latest information about renting a boat in Amsterdam during the corona crisis.
Am I allowed to rent a boat in Amsterdam?
To answer the question immediately: You are allowed to rent a boat in Amsterdam. Canal Motorboats is open and the boats are waiting for you. Close yourself off from the outside world and enjoy the city through the never so quiet canals of Amsterdam.
With how many people can I rent a boat in Amsterdam?
You are allowed to rent a boat with multiple people. We have space for 7 people on our green boats and our blue boats fit 8 people. But it’s still necessary to keep 1,5 meters distance between different families/households. This means it’s not always possible to rent a boat with 7 or 8 people if you’re all from different households. We have made an example of how many people fit on a boat per number of households. Each circle of a certain color represents one person from the same household.
7 people from the same household are allowed on the green boat. However, if you are with more than 1 household: there can be a maximum of 1 household per bench. The green boat has a total of 4 benches. This means that there is a maximum of 4 different households.
There is a maximum of 6 or 8 people on the blue boat. This depends on the amount of different households. If there are 4 or less households, a total of 8 people on the boat is allowed. If there are 5 or 6 households, a total of 6 people is allowed to keep enough distance from each other.
Is it safe to rent a boat in Amsterdam during corona?
Renting a boat in Amsterdam during corona is safe if you keep 1.5 meter distance between other people from different households. So make sure that you keep enough distance on board if you are on the same boat with several households. Also give other boats enough space to pass. Are you possibly getting sick or not feeling well? Make sure you and other people are safe and please stay at home.
What corona measures does Canal Motorboats take?
- The maximum number of people allowed per boat depends on the number of different households.
- You do not have to give a deposit to avoid contact.
- The drop-off location may differ from the drop-off location in case of heavy traffic.
- We ask you to wait upstairs until you can take your seat in the boat.
- We ask you to follow the instructions of the employees
What rules do I have to follow?
- Stick to the maximum number of different households so that you can keep a distance of 1.5 meters.
- Also keep a distance of 1.5 meters on the jetty
- Wait upstairs until you get a signal that you can take a seat on the boat
- Follow the instructions of employees
- Follow RIVM guidelines at all times
- Don’t go boating if you have a cold and/or fever.
- Make sure you know what the boating rules are in Amsterdam
Amsterdam boat rental discount
We currently have a Special Deal! You get €20 discount on 2 hours boat rental. The discount is only valid on weekdays from Monday to Friday. You don’t have to do anything for this. The discount will automatically be deducted when you rent a boat.
|Green boat: 2 hours boat rental during the week||from €90 for €70|
|Blue boat: 2 hours boat rental during the week||from €100 for €80|